Review: Too Faced Blushes



I recently bought the semi-new Soul Mates Blushing Bronzer in Rachel & Ross from Too Faced and I wanted to do a swatch/review comparison with my other Too Faced blush that I purchased half a year ago, due to the high popularity of both of them.



Soul Mates Blushing Bronzer from Sephora



When I first swatched this blush and bronzer duo, I was surprised to see that the pigmentation actually exists, unlike the next blush. Rachel & Ross is one of the TWO Blushing Bronzers that Too Faced has, the other being Carrie & Big, which is more of a coral and orange blush bronzer duo. I already had an orange/warm toned bronzer (e.g. NYC Sunny), so I decided to go with the raspberry pink blush. Both blush and bronzer have a very light and smooth shimmery finish WITHOUT any glitters for the best natural look. I've been mixing my usual blush and bronzer onto the same brush to "contour" my cheeks, and this duo makes it a little more easier to do just that.



Sweethearts Perfect Flush Blush from Sephora



When I first saw this online, I was extremely attracted to this blush since the packaging was undeniably adorable. I read some reviews and ordered it ASAP. However, after I received and swatched it, I realized that the label "blush" wasn't very fitting to this product. It's more like a colored highlighter. The shimmers are chunky compared to the Blushing Bronzer, and when applied to the face, the pigmentation is very sheer (the pigmentation shown on my fingers in the photo was after several swirls). Maybe the sheerness is due to the shade I chose? Overall, it was a miss for me. I stuck this thing in the back of my makeup drawer and I took it out for the first time in months for the sole purpose of this review. If you're looking for a pretty peach or pink hued highlighter or a cute heart shaped box for room decor, this would be a hit for you. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment